Saturday, January 18, 2014

HST and a Jack

I found out my doll quilt partner received the quilt I sent her called "Stay in Wonderland" so I thought I'd share it here
The finished version as well as Jack testing it out before the binding was added

This week I've been working on 2 projects one is my "Love is like a Butterfly" quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challange which you can check out at

 http://superscrappy.blogspot.com 

I decided to make more HSTs for it so I chain pieced
a few more
Trimmed them down

And ended up with 32 total blue/white HSTs

 The other quilt I've been working on is 
called 
"Jack's Jack" as it will be a Union Jack for a cat called 
Jack the Lad so far I've cut out all the pieces
 and have foundation pieced 3 of the 4 sections
of the flag
I even had a red London themed FQ just waiting to be used!
I got the pattern from the jan/ feb 2014 issue of McCall's Quilting magazine.

Have a great week and happy quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful half square triangles! I love trimming them up after sewing them. amazing how off they can become!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a busy week. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blue HSTs. The Union Jack looks promising, too. I can never remember how to align the red and white diagonals, I always forget where the white is narrower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make a Union Jack quilt for my nieces husband. Now I might have to start it

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always room for HSTs in any project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an HST trimmer too... You have several great projects underway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been working with HST all week as leaders and enders. I like your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty selection of blues you have. Great hst's. So useful in many blocks.

    ReplyDelete