Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A horse of a different colour

Well this week I am still working with pink as it is this month's colour for the rainbow scrap challange  over at so scrappy. I've finished up my lighter pink block for the "charming rainbow" quilt


I've also been working this week on a birthday present for my mum. I'm about 2/3rds of the way done I'd guess. 
 She loves carosel horses so what better to aplique on top of a truly terribly pieced top I started about 12 years ago (yep 12!) I used my "light box" to trace the design
I've used heat and bond to adhere the fabric and then machine stitched around all my shapes adding some decorative stitching as I went. I'm pretty much in love with it, here's hoping my mum feels the same. :)

And that's about it for projects this week as I spent much of the time I would have been sewing cleaning and organizing my sewing room 
Fabrics are sorted by colour too!
And to top it all of this week was my 30th birthday and I received a scratch made pie( banana creme) from my mum, who's always been more of a cake from hyvee sort of person, it was awesome!
Happy quilting

10 comments:

  1. Love your name for your scrappy star quilt! Your block is beautiful. Happy belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a wonky star too, what a fun block and goes together quickly. Love, Love the horse! Isn't it a great feeling to finish up old ufos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum is going to love her quilt! Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy tidying up and sewing. The carousel horse is enchanting. Love the starry mane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty pinks in your Charming Rainbow block! Nice job on the equine applique, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your pink block with the white star...is there a pattern for that or just a wonky star with the squares for background...off to search your blog for more info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pink block with the wee white wonky star too... I can picture lots of these making a really great scrappy quilt. They would be a good way to use up some of my shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty scrappy pink star block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great star block, it's going to be a super charming rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your shiny clean and organized sewing room. It is always so nice while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete